Thursday, August 25, 2011

Goodbye Mr Slug Part 2

I posted this: http://denleydiaries.blogspot.com/2010/01/goodbye-mr-slug.html a while back when I was last having mighty trouble with slugs.  Well, they're back with a vengeance.

I went to check on my bunnies last night, and almost stepped on one.  I have no idea what came over me, but I had read that salt kills slugs.  This one was on concrete and it was HUGE!

I hadn't seen what salt does to slugs.  I hadn't even read what salt does to slugs.  Can I just say that I don't think I'll try this one again.

I poured some table salt on the slug, and it started to froth immediately, much to my son's delight.  He just jumped around yelling "IT'S GONNA BLOW...IT'S GONNA BLOOOOOWWWWW".  Great help he is!

Needless to say, "Goodbye Mr Slug number two".  He won't be coming back anytime soon.

And just because you might like to look at all the goriness I got to see through my camera last night, here's one for you:-

This slug was about 5 cms long last night when it was headed for my Butter Lettuce.  A quick sprinkle of salt and the lettuce is safe...for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment